Closing date:09 Jan 2019
Role & Responsibilities
In collaboration with the Swiss German Office team, develop Medair’s presence in the German-speaking Switzerland by raising funds and increasing visibility.
Be responsible for a portfolio of foundations that will contribute significantly to our annual fundraising targets. Acquire new foundations by networking, researching and building relationships.
Medair Zurich, Switzerland.
Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Fundraising With Foundations
· Maintain personal contact with representatives of foundations and board members and build positive and sustainable relationships.
· Manage a portfolio of foundations, identify potential projects and submit proposals and reports in a timely manner.
· Coordinate internally with Programs, Finance and the field locations to establish appropriate project proposals and reports incl. translation from English into German.
· Acquire new foundations by researching and networking to extend portfolio with additional foundations.
· In collaboration with the Zurich team, create communication material such as writing project summaries, reports, letters, brochures and presentations.
Support & Promote Medair Fundraising Events
· In collaboration with Zurich team, support and promote Medair fundraising events to attract new people and/or consolidate existing relationships.
· Increase brand awareness and seek proactively opportunities to position Medair within the targeted audiences.
Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
· Degree level in International Relations or Business Development / Sales / Communication / Account Management.
· Project Management certification is a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of English and German (spoken and written).
· Working knowledge of Swiss German and French (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
· Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising, sales or communication.
· Experience and understanding of project management.
· Overseas experience in a humanitarian / development setting.
· Excellent written communication skills including translation from English into German.
· Advanced user of MS Office. Experience in CRM / sales management software.
· Ability to bring complex information in a simple way to the point without losing essential content.
· Analytical skills and ability to identify potential of projects and audiences.
· Strategic thinking. Networking skills.
· Goal, output and performance oriented.
· Perseverance and long term perspective.
· Persistence and people-oriented.
· Self-driven and intrinsic motivation.
· Collaborative team player.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
b)Profiles sought and Benefits Packagefor Global Support Office Staff.
a) go to ourCurrent Vacanciespage
b) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.