Organization: Relief International
Closing date:28 Dec 2018
Human Resources Associate (TEMPORARY)
Location:Los Angeles, CA
Duration:Temporary: Three months – 40 hours per week
Relocation is not offered.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Salary:Hourly rate negotiable
About RI:Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to explore Human Resources as a career and would like to get exposure to international HR management. The Human Resources Associate (Temp) will report directly to the Head of the Recruitment Unit and will provide constant, high quality support to the HR department with focus on Recruitment and Employees Relations function.
Duties & Responsibilities
Employees Relations Duties
· Create New Personnel Files and audit missing documents within file
· Follow up with respective recruiters on missing documents for files.
· Conduct E- verify for New Intern Hires
· File documents including Personnel Action Forms, email communication, certificates, performance reviews, recruitment packages and monitor New Hire tracker
· Provide support during employee file audits when necessary
· Assist the HR Team to reinforce good employee relations by supporting and participating in monthly event celebrations and activities
· Assist with updating HR Directory and org chart on semi-monthly basis. Share with Sr HR Coordinator for review.
· Support the Internship/volunteer program (weekly meetings to go over tracker, open positions, filled positions, status of upcoming terminations, reviews)
· Work with the different departments to ensure constant supply of interns/volunteers (check 1 month before end of internship if term or renew) an Intern won’t be able to do this without a lot of training.
· Work with team to maintain and update the “Internship” page on RI website-posting of internship opportunity.
· Ensure accurate reporting of hours and work with Compensation & Benefits Administrator to ensure payment of intern stipend (due on the 10th of each month)
· Work with hiring managers to periodically evaluate interns using necessary forms. Also perform “Exit Interviews” with interns to get information about their experience with RI and use those “lessons learned” to improve RI Internship programs Communicate with interns to make sure they are benefiting from their internships professionally
· Constantly communicate with departments and recruiters to present excellent interns as future employees (maintain list up to date)
b) Staff and Consultants Recruitment Support
• Processes monthly Recruitment Speed Tracker reports
• Assists in posting jobs to job sites and schools when required; and monitoring the posts with respect to expiration dates,
• Prepares Purchase Requests for job postings on fee boards and reconciling the charges
• Maintains Career Page by making sure only open positons are posted and TORs posted are in line with Recruitment guidelines.
• Reaches out to candidates with Applicant Tracking System issues or who apply via email.
• Administrator for Applicant Tracking System database (signing people up and issues that come up)
• Supports Recruitment with respect to the continuous issues involving GDPR
• Assist the Head of Recruitment Unit with various administrative and clerical aspects of recruiting, including managing posts
• File resumes and applicant information electronically in Box
• Perform Word processing, proofing, editing, filing and other assistance with documents
• Screen telephone calls, take messages, redirect calls, and respond to inquiries regarding RI policies/procedures, as requested.
- Perform general administrative support functions for the HR Department
Qualifications & requirements:
- Exhibited interest in Human Resources
- Bachelor degree in any related discipline. Master’s degree is preferred
- Previous experience in Administration or HR is preferred
- Dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results and multi-task in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Professional demeanor
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills; ability to build relationships and trust.
- Motivated self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and carefully review work for accuracy
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Relocation is not offered.
Salary:Hourly rate negotiable
Duration: Three months – 40 hours per week
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence.
We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
·Transparency and Accountability
·Agility and Innovation