Organization: The Border Consortium
Closing date:31 Dec 2018
TBC works with conflict affected communities in SE Burma/Myanmar and 9 refugee camps in Thailand building preparedness for return and reintegration of displaced people. Through local partners and community led processes, TBC supports access to Food, shelter, capacity building for Community management, and rehabilitation of conflicted affected communities. Now we are urgently seekingGrants Managerto join the team.
This position will monitor and report on programme achievements and challenges, compliance with donor regulations and lessons learnt by TBC and sub-grantees in Thailand and Burma/Myanmar.
Type of Employment/ Location:
1 year contract with staff benefits and possibility of extension/ Bangkok-Thailand
· Organize and prepare reports and programme updates required for donors, TBC Management and stakeholders, including monthly, quarterly, and final donor reports; as well as informal information requests.
· Compile financial and non-financial data (in coordination with Program Management Specialist) for the preparation of internal reports, compliance reports, and grant billings.
· Support administration of donor and sub-grantee agreements in close coordination with the Programme Directors for Thailand and Burma/Myanmar.
· In collaboration with TBC programme teams, assist in programme development, particularly in the Theory of Change, MEAL and/or log frame.
· Monitor compliance of sub-grantees vis-à-vis donor regulations.
· Monitor programme implementation of sub-grantees vis-vis donor regulations.
· Work with TBC programme teams and external stakeholders to gather and maintain information for reports and TBC records.
· Work with Programme Management Specialist and TBC programme teams to communicate relevant grant and donor information with internal users.
· Prepare written and statistical reports and updates for various internal and external audiences, including TBC website and social media.
· Conduct occasional field visits in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan and in coordination with Program Management Specialist or other TBC staff.
· Maintain monitoring and tracking systems that provide frequent updates on funding, reporting requirements, audits, contract deliverables and budget.
· Communicate with donors about grant management issues.
· Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed.
· A Master’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 2 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience
· Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
· Prior experience in grant management and/or monitoring and evaluation in relief or development programming.
· Knowledge in finance and budgeting
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
· Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
· Strong analytical skills with macro view
· Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus
· Experiences working in a multi-cultural environment
· Strong written and oral communication skills with an enthusiasm for writing
· High fluency in English is imperative– Burmese language skill is a plus
Application Closing Date:31stDecember 2018
Expected Start Date:February 2019 or sooner
Reporting Line:Programme Management Specialist
· Please submit a current CV/resume including 2 references and a cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this post firstname.lastname@example.org
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.