Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date:04 Jan 2019
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
UNICEF’s Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) in Budapest, Hungary supports UNICEF operations globally in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is seeking candidates for the position of Finance Assistant at the GS-5 level in the Global Shared Services Centre in Budapest, Hungary.
Finance Assistants provide support in the areas of Payments, General Accounting, Invoice Processing, Quality Assurance and Master Data Management. Finance Assistants are responsible for parking and processing variousdocuments. These roles are responsible for transactionaldata entry into electronic systems for verification.
These opportunities are ideal for early career finance professionals that wish to gain international exposure to a progressive expanding Financial Centre of Excellence.
This will involve:
- Receive and open cases
- Review case documentation for completeness
- Review case documentation for validity and conformity with current rules and regulations
- Under the guidance of supervisor, determine the appropriate action based on case details
- Process transactions in SAP and case management tools as initiated by case requests or regularly scheduled activities
- Upload electronic batch files and verify results in destination system. If at any point the process fails, report to supervisor for guidance on action.
- Prepare required documentation and submit transactions for approval
- Update and close cases to reflect accurate status
- Ensure accuracy and report any discrepancies to supervisors
- Execute processing controls (eligibility, policy compliance, duplicate checking,transaction/employee/account status verification)
- Perform quality assurance by reviewing completed transactions for accuracy, reconciling source data to outputs.
- Respond to client transaction status and other inquiries
- Escalate inquiries requiring more extensive research
As an advocate for every child, you will have…
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma)
- Five years of relevant work experience in administration and finance are required. A completed university degree from an accredited institution will be counted toward theminimum work experience requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of Products (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- Previous hands-on experience in planning, organizing and delivering administrative support services is highly desirable.
- University level courses infinance, accounting or business are desirable.
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive communication and information is desirable.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French,Russian, Spanish) is a strong asset.
- Non-EU citizens must be in possession of a valid work permit.
Please note thatGeneral Service (GS) staff are locally recruited staff and therefore, candidates are personally responsible for any traveland accommodation arrangements. UNICEF does not facilitate MFA accreditation for locally recruited staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework athttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
Please submit your application through UNICEF’s online recruiting system in English.
For more information and to register for the event, please visit:https://app.brazenconnect.com/events/4DxYA?utm_medium=unicef&utm_source=…
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=518418